Our aged care specialists (Geriatricians) are experts at investigating and managing disorders experienced by our elderly patients. They are also trained in rehabilitation and are ideally placed to assist older people with recovery from operations such as joint replacements or if something like a stroke has occurred.
Disorders commonly seen and managed:
- Stroke (permanent brain damage;
- Transient ischaemic attacks (TIA- temporary memory loss of some function, Mini Stroke);
- Memory difficulties including dementia, delirium and other disorders; and
- Complex multisystem disorders (older patients with multiple medical problems that are interacting with each other).
They also offer assessment of older people requiring hostel or nursing home care.
Conditions we treat
- General physician
- Neurological diseases of the elderly
- Perioperative medical management of the elderly
Make an appointment 02 8850 8100