I am Specialist Advanced Laparoscopic Colorectal and General Surgeon.
My public practice is at Blacktown and Mt Druitt Hospitals with affiliation to the University of Western Sydney (UWS). My private practice is at Hospital for Specialist Surgery (HSS) and Norwest Private Hospital.
My undergraduate training was completed at the University of New South Wales (UNSW) with a MBBS Bsc (Med) degree. I am a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS).
I have completed further subspecialty training in Colorectal Surgery doing a one year Colorectal Fellowship at Westmead Hospital (Sydney) and a second year Laparoscopic Colorectal Fellowship at Singapore General Hospital (Singapore).
I am a Member of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and NZ (CSSANZ). I am GESA accredited for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and listed as recognised practitioner on the website (Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy). I participate in multidisciplinary team meetings for management of colorectal cancer: Norwest GIT MDT and Westmead Colorectal MDT.
My Colorectal Surgical interests include:
- Colon and Rectal Cancer (Laparosopic colorectal resections)
- Diverticular disease
- Inflammatory bowel disorders ( Laparoscopic total proctocolectomy and ileal pouch - anal anastomosis.)
- Rectal bleeding & positive FOBTs
- Peri-anal conditions (Haemorrhoids and fistulas etc) and Pilonidal Sinus disease.
I have received training in Endorectal 3D Ultrasound and 3D Anorectal Physiology and Manometry. Completed a 1 week training course at the Washington University School of Medicine and Missouri Baptist Hospital in St Louis (USA).
In addition to my specialist training in Colorectal surgery, I also treat patients with General Surgical conditions:
- Gallbladder disease ( Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy )
- Hernias ( Laparoscopic Inguinal, Ventral abdominal, and Incisional hernia repairs)
Rooms for Consultations
Blacktown Public Hospital
Norwest Private Hospital